University of Kerbol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[MISSION] Investigating the Atmospheric Temperatures of Eve

3 posters

Go down

[MISSION] Investigating the Atmospheric Temperatures of Eve Empty [MISSION] Investigating the Atmospheric Temperatures of Eve

Post by Majormarks Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:11 am

Shameless copy and paste time:

If any engineers/pilots want to give this a go, that'd be great.
You know the thermometer part? If you could strap one to an interplanetary ship and measure the temperature of Eve atmosphere, that'd be fantastic.

Further details below:

Aight, so;
[MISSION] Investigating the Atmospheric Temperatures of Eve Eve5
This is the kind of distribution I'd like. They aren't exact positions, so don't worry too much. I'm expecting the atmosphere to be isothermic at any given altitude, but I don't know that. If you get the same results at, say 50km three times, you can leave it at that, without doing all five.

If you could take a screenshot (F2) showing the temperature at a few key altitudes (100, 75, 50, 25, 0 maybe?) and post them here or PM them too me, that would be grand. A couple of control values in space proper wouldn't go amiss either, but I can do that in LKO.

Thanks in advance!
Majormarks
Majormarks
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

[MISSION] Investigating the Atmospheric Temperatures of Eve Empty Re: [MISSION] Investigating the Atmospheric Temperatures of Eve

Post by Angel_Boy Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:24 am

I can modify the rocket from Project Orion and have it be capable of going to Eve after I can just give it to the kerbnaut division.

-Angel(Angel_Boy)
-Engineering Dept.
Angel_Boy
Angel_Boy
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

[MISSION] Investigating the Atmospheric Temperatures of Eve Empty Re: [MISSION] Investigating the Atmospheric Temperatures of Eve

Post by jb2512 Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:04 pm

ok nice
jb2512
jb2512
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Majormarks Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Angel_Boy wrote:I can modify the rocket from Project Orion and have it be capable of going to Eve after I can just give it to the kerbnaut division.

-Angel(Angel_Boy)
-Engineering Dept.

Superlative.
Majormarks
Majormarks
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel_Boy Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Do you mind if I use the same probe or do you want your own ?

-Angel(Angel_Boy)
-Engineering Dept.
Angel_Boy
Angel_Boy
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Majormarks Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Angel_Boy wrote:Do you mind if I use the same probe or do you want your own ?

-Angel(Angel_Boy)
-Engineering Dept.

As long as the probe is fit for purpose, you can paint it pink and adorn it with bells.
Majormarks
Majormarks
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel_Boy Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:28 am

The ship for this is done, I really didn't do much to the launch vehicle of Project Orion because this probe is only meant to get to orbit. I designed a new system which takes it to Eve, this was done because if I added the amount of parts needed it would increase the part count and weight and be too much of a hassle, this way I get the delta v needed and with less weight. I will send it to the Kerbonauts as soon a possible.

P.S The probe is new and not the Project Orion one

-Angel(Angel_Boy)
-Engineering Division
Angel_Boy
Angel_Boy
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down